People who have been following this site for a while know that we recently released an entirely new theme and look.
As always when moving to a new “platform” things work differently. As I was going through old posts to answer comments I noticed some posts with <PRE> code-wraps extended outside the main <DIV>.
Luckily I knew exactly how to fix the problem and now I am going to show you how to fix it.
By default DirSync runs every three hours; which for some environments or during testing may not be frequent enough…
Per default the calendars of shared mailboxes in Office 364 have “FreeBusyTimeOnly” permissions applied.
You could create a new sharing policy and change the applied policy on those accounts.
I however chose to just change the sharing permissions on the shared calendar.
To help detect and prevent malicious behavior I usually implement different scripts or other monitoring features in my customers environments.
One of the snippets I frequently use is one that detects newly created accounts.
There are several reasons to change the default organizational unit of computers that join the domain.
The default OU (domain.local\Computers) cannot be linked with GPOs, and should be avoided since its builtin.
I recently ran into a GPO problem. My customer wanted to delegate different group policy settings on clients within a specific OU.
The OU contained numerous versions of Windows and all versions had different, OS version specific, settings.
First of all, the way http.sys works on newer Windows versions is a very useful feature.
The reason behind http.sys is to have a single system service that listens on the all-important port 80 and be a mediator to different applications and services…
The GUI at Microsoft is great but sometimes we need to dig a bit deeper.
I ran into some issues with a Resource mailbox and had to do some troubleshooting in the Office 365 service.